A. Ciri-ciri Teks Naratif
1. Tokoh fiktif (tidak nyata). Kadang nama tokoh sama dengan nama orang sekitar, tapi itu hanya pura-pura.
2. Alur cerita berisi pengenalan tokoh (orientation), masalah (complication), pemecahan masalah (resolution).
Dalam orientation berisi pengenalan tokoh, setting waktu dan tempat kejadian. Complication adalah permasalahan yang dihadapi oleh tokoh dalam cerita. Permasalahan bisa lebih dari satu yang kemudian disertai resolution (pemecahan masalah).
3. Memakai bentuk waktu lampau (past tense). Bentuk waktu yang lain seperti Present Tense, Present Continuous Tense dan lainnya, bersifat temporal. Maksudnya, hanya ada ketika terdapat percakapan antar tokoh. Contoh: "Hi, man. What are you doing here?" asked Angger.
4. Ada pesan moral yang ingin disampaikan oleh pengarang baik tersirat maupun tersurat.
B. Examples of narrative text
The King of The Jungle
One day a tiger saw a fox walking alone. Then, he intended to attack the fox. When Tiger jumped on Fox, Fox cried out, "How dare you attack the king of the jungle?" Tiger looked at him in amazement. "Non sense! You are not King!" "Certainly I am," replied the Fox. "All the animals run from me in terror! If you want proof, come with me." Fox went into the forest with tiger in heels. When they came to a herd of deer, the deer saw Tiger behind the Fox and ran in all direction. They came to a group of monkey, the monkey saw the tiger behind fox and they fled. Fox looked to tiger and said, "Do you need more proof than that? See how the animals flee at the first sight of me?" "I am surprised, but I've seen it with my own eyes. Forgive me attacking you, Great King." Tiger bowed low with great ceremony, he let the fox go.
1. What does the text actually tell us about?
A. Where the tiger and fox meet.
B. Who the king of the forest is.
C. What the king is.
D. Why the fox still exists.
2. When tiger jumped on Fox, Fox cried out, "How dare you attack the king of the jungle". What did the Tiger answer?
A. "Ok, you are king."
B. "Sorry, you are a good fox."
C. "Nonsense, you are not king"
D. "All Right. You are patient."
3. The moral value that we can learn from the story is …
A. the truth must appear in the world.
B. false confidence often lead disaster.
C. misfortune tests the sincerity of our friends.
D. an intelligent person defeats a strong man.
4. The monkey saw Tiger behind Fox and they fled. The underlined word refers to ...
A. the tiger
B. the foxes
C. the monkey
D. the fox and the tigers
Key answer: 1.B 2.C 3. D 4. C
C. Exercise :
Read one of story below and answer the questions:
1. Write down every single characters in the story? (Tuliskan tokoh-tokoh yang terdapat di dalam cerita?)
2. Where the story taken place? (Di mana tempat cerita itu berlangsung?)
3. How was the ending of the story? (Bagaimana akhir ceritanya?)
A. Happy Ending (Bahagia)
B. Sad Ending (Sedih)
C. Question Ending (Misterius)
These are the stories:
|The Boy Who Cried Wolf|